
(Via)
Yet another little coincidence. It makes me wish I had been writing them all down, but I haven't because sometimes they happen far too much.
This particular one has to do with a song. A few days before Christmas, I went to the movies to see The Hobbit. Before the trailers, they played an Old Navy commercial.
It made me laugh and smile because of two things:
1). My grandmother was a HUGE Johnny Mathis fan.
2). When I was in high school I was swooning like mad over Jordan Knight.
I couldn't help but find it humorous that both my grandma's and my own "crushes" were shown together in a commercial like that. It kind of felt like she was there with me.
A few days later I couldn't sleep, so I got on my laptop. I decided to look up on YouTube whatever music Jordan is singing these days. I figured he must be pretty successful if he's popular enough to be included on an Old Navy commercial.
So I look him up, and decide I'm really not into the R&B he's singing. Still, I saw a few other remakes that he did a while back. I liked his version of Billy Joel's "She's Got A Way" so much that I had my mother listen to a snippet of it the next day.
So then fastforward to this afternoon....
I was doing a little cleaning up before my brother and his lady arrived from the airport. I turned on the radio, and lo-and-behold what song do you think is playing?
Billy Joel's "She's Got A Way."

What are the odds? I've never even heard of this song until recently.
New Years Eve Update:
I heard it again today, and I hardly ever even turn on the radio since I just listen to various cd's of mine.
But I just flipped it on earlier and the song was already playing.


No comments:
Post a Comment