Photobucket

Monday, November 5, 2012

Tiger Lily's Surprise Visit and Grandpa

Photobucket

On Saturday, we received a really good thunderstorm. When it just started raining, Mom was ironing and mentioned she needed some hangers. I offered to get some, and while I went into my mother's closet to grab the hangers, little did I know that such a tiny and unimportant chore would turn into one of the most AWESOME and comforting experiences of my life!

As I opened those noisy double doors, I turned on the light and starting grabbing hangers when muffled within the clothes on the bottom rack I heard a familiar purr. It was Tiger Lily's purr. (My cat that passed away this summer). The one she always used whenever we entered her favorite napping spot/Mom's closet and woke her from her slumber.

Even though I KNEW it wasn't Wendy, I told myself that maybe she pulled a Superman move and rushed into the closet just as I entered it myself. Still, deep down I KNEW that I had just heard Tiger Lily. You don't have a cat for 20 years, and not recognize their purr after you thought you'd never hear it again.

So I started talking to her.... AND SHE ANSWERED ME BACK because immediately she issued the same purr again.

I then ran - well let's just say I walked really, really fast Photobucket - to tell Mom that I had just heard Kitty Girl. On the way, however, I doubled-checked to see that Wendy Kitty was still asleep on the chair in the living room, 3 rooms away.... which she was. She was sound asleep.

So now I'm guessing that that really was Tiger Lily who I saw a month or so ago. I had gone into my room one night, and just as I crawled into bed - before I even turned off the light and turned on my laptop - I looked behind me and did a double-take when I saw a quick flash of Tiger Lily rushing into my room. I saw her for only a second. It was so quick, but I could clearly see the black and brown markings on her face.
Photobucket
Now, I am not a religious person, but I've always known there was life after death. That was proven to me when I was 7 years old, so it never was an issue of having faith in such a thing. Life after death was a fact. Likewise, I've also always known that our pets are still around after they pass away, but this was the first time I actually heard a pet and then had actual live interaction with them. It didn't last very long, but it happened. I didn't dream it, I didn't imagine it, I didn't misinterpret it. I wasn't even thinking about Tiger Lily, and yet straight out of nowhere there she is making her presence known.

I really wish that all the people out there that have pets who have passed on could experience what I did. Truly, it was the most amazing and unexpected occurrence. Everyone should be so lucky.

While I couldn't see her I did HEAR her. And actually INTERACTING with her.... well, any adjectives found in the dictionary cannot do that experience justice. It was all too surreal for words.

UPDATE:

This is such an odd coincidence which makes absolutely no sense.

So this Saturday was when I had my encounter with Tiger Lily. At the time, Mom was ironing in the laundry room while I went to her bedroom closet to grab some hangers.

And then on Monday my mother was in the laundry room again. She was on the telephone with Dad, and as she reached for a hanger to hang up a shirt she saw A HAND going towards her face. Needless to say, it freaked her out and gave her the chills. She could hardly get the words out to tell Dad what had just happened. She said it was a hand that looked very solid.

Now, Mom is known around here as being able to communicate with spirits. She shuts them out most of the time, wanting to be left alone, and she never sees them. She "hears" them, but that's all.

Anyway, Mom finally realized that the day before this happened, she listened to whatever message Grandpa had for Dad. (Until then, Mom's been ignoring him). When she remembered this, that's when she realized that she saw someone's RIGHT hand and well... my grandfather's right hand was missing fingers, from a farming accident. I think he was showing her that he now has all his fingers back. Neat, huh?

Photobucket

No comments: